Below is a list of the lesson plans and resources developed for undergraduate courses in English literature. Each activity is accompanied by a brief description of the documents and a catalogue of the appropriate components. Content is available via downloadable .pdf attachments.
Narrative Gaze in The Great Gatsby
- This two-part tutorial incorporates close reading, critical writing reflections, and visual media to explore the complex narrative gaze at work in F. Scott Fitzgerald’s The Great Gatsby.
- Components: two lesson plans and two PowerPoint presentations (including video clips)
Digital Site Design
- This lesson was part of an extended tutorial on building digital projects using WordPress. For further resources, please visit Digital Projects in the Romanticism Classroom, which is a website created and curated by myself, Ashley Morford (U Toronto), and Dr. Michelle Levy (SFU).
- Components: student worksheet
Peer Editing Workshop
- This tutorial is built around peer editing of an essay’s introductory paragraph. The activity combines rapid reviews, oral criticism, and group discussion on the revising/editing process.
- Components: lesson plan & student worksheet
- This tutorial was built to help student’s prepare from the final examination for English 147 (January – April 2015). Designed as a game, this activity motivates students through healthy and jovial competition. The tutorial incorporates traditional testing of content mastery with writing exercises, both of which help prepare students for the final examination.
- Components: lesson plan & PowerPoint